Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single Review


I usually associate Wet n Wild makeup with cheap, sub-par quality products. I don't think I have purchased anything from this brand since I first started buying makeup as a young teenager. However, after multiple rave reviews from other beauty bloggers, I decided to see if the Color Icon Eyeshadows lived up to the hype. Boy was I impressed!
I picked up two Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeshadows in the colors Brulee and Nutty. Nutty has been compared to Mac's Satin Taupe (one of my favorite eyeshadows) so I knew I wanted to try it. I also picked up Brulee since I have been looking for a light neutral eyeshadow to add to my collection.

Just by looking at the pictures above, you can see how pigmented and smooth these eyeshadows are. I have been wearing both of these colors the last couple of days (with a primer) and I can confirm that they last all day and have not faded or creased after 12 hours of wear. I cannot speak for the line as a whole, but I can tell you that these particular colors are worth buying. At around $2 dollars per shadow, you can't really go wrong.

(Brulee and Nutty swatches, no flash)

I also wanted to compare Nutty to Satin Taupe since some people are saying that Nutty is a dupe for Satin Taupe eyeshadow. As you can see from the pictures below, Nutty has a slightly warmer tone than Satin Taupe, the color and finish of the eyeshadows are pretty close.

I eventually want to try out the eyeshadow palettes from this collection. I have read good things about the vanity palette, which contains six various neutral shades. If you have tried any of the Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows, let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. I have the vanity palette and like it alot.
    I really need to pick up nutty and brule. Im NC20 and heard brule is a perfect my lids but better color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! I am definitely going to pick up the vanity palette. I am NC 20 as well and brulee blends into my lids just the way you described. By the way love your blog :)
    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete