Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Mascara



Hi Ladies! I needed a new mascara last week so I found myself in the makeup section at the drugstore. I tend to choose a different mascara every time I purchase because I like to see what is out there. If you have a beauty addiction like me, I am sure you know what I am talking about ;) I decided to go for the Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara since it had been popular on the youtube beauty community and because I was curious if it would live up to the hype.

Here is what Maybelline promises: Bold lashes without the bulk and clump free volume. The exclusive lash by lash brush coats and cleans every single lash for the most refined volume from root to tip.



Overall, I think this mascara is pretty good. The rubber wands seems to separate and lengthen lashes better than the traditional pipe-cleaner style wands. I have used Loreal Telescopic mascara in the past which has a rubber wand it works the same way. The formula is on the "wet" side but it's nothing special. I would say that the brush is what makes this mascara different.





Maybelline One by One is very good at separating lashes and avoiding clumping. It seems to hold my curl all day when I use my lash curler. The one thing that annoys me about this mascara is that it seems to take more swipes to make my lashes perfect. I feel that I spend at least a minute on each eye, which is ridiculous. I am usually in a hurry when I do my makeup in the morning and I want fast results. Another thing I noticed is that it sometimes flakes a tiny bit a the end of the day.

Aside from my complaints, the finished result is nice and it is definitely one of the better drugstore mascaras that I have tried. I would give it an 8 out of 10. Have you ladies tried the Maybelline One by One Mascara? Or do you have a favorite mascara that you recommend I try? Let me know!



5 comments:

  1. I've tried this and really liked it also, if you're looking to try others I highly recommend Max Factor false lash effect and Clinique high impact if ye havent tried them already :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it, but Maybelline's Turbo Volume Express Seems to add more volume and thickens lashes nicely. Benefit's Bad Gal is always a good mascara too. Love your blog btw, great concise reviews of products :) so of course I now have to follow it!
    ~Shannon
    http://lipstickmakesthegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @smoosh_kissxx- I have tried the High Impact by Clinique which worked well but I have not tried anything Max Factor as of yet. I will have to check it out soon :)

    @Shannon Skylar- I have used Benefit Bad Gal and I really liked it! I will have to check out the Maybelline one, thanks for the suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mascara, one of my favorites! It does wonders for my long lashes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this kind, its one of my favorites :) I love your nails too!

    thefashionspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete