Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dry Shampoo


I find it funny that most of the people I know have never tried dry shampoo. I first started using it last year and I don't know how I survived without it. It is great for freshening up your hair without the hassle of showering, blow drying, straightening, etc -you know the drill. I typically wash my hair every other day since its not healthy to wash hair on a daily basis. Now the problem with skipping a day is that hair can sometimes look a little flat, oily, etc on the second day. That is where dry shampoo comes in. You can simply spray a little of it on the roots around the crown area of your hair, massage it in with your hands, and voila, you have fresh looking hair. Luckily, my hair is on the dryer side, so I don't need to use it all the time, I just like the feeling of refreshed hair! If you have oily hair, I highly recommend you try out a dry shampoo.

There are many dry shampoos on the market today. I have tried three brands of dry shampoo: Klorane, Batiste, and Tresemme. My favorite of the three is Klorane. It feels clean and lightweight, it is hypo-allergenic, there is no strong smell (but I love the light scent), and it makes my hair look fresh. The only downside is that it is on the pricier side of dry shampoos.

Batiste is also a good dry shampoo. Out of all the dry shampoos I have tried, it gives the most volume to the hair as well as cleaning it. It also really inexpensive, which is great. The only downside of this shampoo is the scent, if you are sensitive to smells. Some people may actually like the scent, but it is just too strong for me personally.

Tresemme dry shampoo was very disappointing. I was excited to try out this product since the Tresemme brand is very affordable, and because I have enjoyed other products from this line. While the scent was pleasant, the result was not good. The shampoo left my hair very sticky and damp, unlike the other dry shampoos. It actually felt dirtier to me after than before I applied it. I attempted to try it out a couple other times, but got the same results. I feel like the problem with the formula is that it is much more runny, while the other shampoos tend to be more powdery. This product did not work for me and I will not repurchase.

For those of you wanting to try a dry shampoo I would recommend either Klorane or Batiste as they both work quite well. Klorane is available at Sephora and Batiste is available at Sally Beauty Supply. If you use dry shampoo, leave a comment telling me what brand you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment